Permit & Application Forms
We have inherited a beautiful and functional village from residents who cared not only about their own property but also about the importance of public spaces and natural beauty. Aurora has never been a village stuck in time, and its vitality and ability to change over the more than two centuries of its existence are reflected in its historically-varied architecture. The mechanism to help us plan and build with an eye to the future is Aurora’s Zoning Law, a law intended to ensure that public good and private good are not in conflict. The majority of the Village of Aurora is part of the National Historic Register. Any construction projects, no matter how small, must go through the Village Code Enforcement Officer to ensure proper permits, appropriate Board review, etc. You can download pdf versions of various permit and application forms. For the complete zoning law of the Village of Aurora, go to Local Laws, Local Law #1 of 2023, To Regulate Land Use and Provide for Historic Preservation.
Zoning Permit and Application Forms
For information on how to appeal to the Zoning Board of Appeals go here
- Variance Appeal-application
- Building/Zoning Application Form (required for all building permits)
- Building/Zoning Permit Fee Schedule (updated July 2022)
- Demolition Application Form
- Demolition Documentation Process
- Roof permit application
- SEQR part 1 (Full Environmental Assessment Form, FEAF)
- SEQR Part 1 (Short Environmental Assessment Form, SEAF)
- Unified_Residential_Solar_PV_Permitting_Application_2016 (5)
Information on CPP/PB/ZBA application review can be found on the "Application Review and Recent Permits" page.