Welcome to Aurora, NY
Village of Aurora - 456 Main St Aurora, NY 13026
Office: 315-364-7293 ~ DPW: 315-364-5239
MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGS - All village board meetings are held at the firehouse meeting room, 456 Main St., unless otherwise noted. To view upcoming agendas, minutes, and information pertinent to the meetings, go to the Boards page.
Community Preservation Panel meeting on December 6, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. - CANCELEDBoard of Trustees Short-Term Rental Law Public Hearing and Regular Meeting: December 20, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. in the firehouse meeting room. (Public comment for the hearing may be given in person at the hearing, or submitted by email or letter delivered to the clerk no later that 4:00 p.m. that day.)
- Draft: Proposed Local Law #5 of 2023 - To Regulate Short-Term Rentals
- Resolution #23-25 - To Introduce the Short-Term Rental Law
- LaBella Planning statement on short-term rentals inAurora
- Letter to residents and property owners about the Q & A session
- Summary of key points in the draft law
- Community Preservation Panel (CPP) - 1st Wednesday
- Planning Board (PB) -2nd Wednesday
- Board of Trustees (BOT) - 3rd Wednesday
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) 4th Wednesday, as needed
Please Note: Applications that require CPP, PB or ZBA review must be received in the office at least 10 days prior for code/zoning consideration.
Christmas in Aurora info here
NY Forward/DRI Grant Materials
Adopted 2023/2024 Budgets
Final Comprehensive Plan HERE (Adopted December 15, 2021)
- Contact the Clerk, Treasurer, or Code Enforcement Officer via email or phone (315) 364-7293. Generally, the village office is open from 10-4, Monday-Thursday, Occasionally, we must attend a meeting or training and close the office for all or part of the day, so calling ahead to make an appointment is appreciated. To contact the code enforcement officer, call the village office on Mondays or Thursdays between 1-4.
- 2022 Annual Water Quality Report (completed May 31, 2023) here
- Harmful Algal Blooms: Community Science Institute reporting page, here
- The Tuesday Mobile Market brings fresh produce, delicious breads, and great prepared meals, along with home goods and gifts, to Patrick Tavern. Want to get early word of what’s available?? Need some help ordering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (315)-246-1130. Check us out on December 5th, from 4:30-6:00.
- For updates on Aurora Historical Society news and displays, call or text (315)-246-1130 and visit the Village of Aurora Historical Society’s Facebook page.
- The Aurora Free Library is open 4 days a week; it sponsors many events and offers a monthly village newsletter.
- Wells College Information, Events Calendar, and and alert about a phone scam here.
- June 2023 Updated County Health Information here
- Veteran's Information Fresh Connect Flyer Go Green for Veterans
- Cayuga County WQMA 2023 Work Plan
- Lead Advertisement
- 06.28.23_Fight the Bite
- County Veteran assistance here Information Flyer here
- Farm owners Purchase of Development Rights (PDRs) here
- Dept. of Health sign up for bulletins.
- Call the county hotline 315-253-1355 for assistance from any department.
- Harmful Algae Blooms - Know It, Avoid It, Report It
- Reverse 911 information
- More county planning and water info is here
- Erie Canal Water Trail www.eriecanalway.org/watertrail.
- NYSEG Assistance
- Water Sewer Service Payment Assistance
- NYS Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (updated regularly)
- Water Bill Assistance Flyer
- Resources for Mental Health, Veterans, Small Businesses, etc.
- Guidance from the CDC and WHO