Welcome to Aurora, NY
Village of Aurora - 456 Main St Aurora, NY 13026
Office: 315-364-7293 ~ DPW: 315-364-5239
MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGS - All meetings are held at the firehouse meeting room, 456 Main St, unless otherwise noted.
Board of Trustees Work Session and Special Meeting on March 20, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. PUBLIC NOTICE
See recent Patrick Tavern event photos here and here
Adopted 2022/2023 Budgets
Final Comprehensive Plan HERE (Adopted December 15, 2021)
And more -
- Contact the Clerk, Treasurer, or CEO via email or phone (315) 364-7293. Generally, the village office is open from 10-4, Monday-Thursday, but calling ahead to make an appointment is appreciated. To contact the code enforcement officer, call the village office on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 1-4.
- 2021 Annual Water Quality Report (completed May 31, 2022) here
- Harmful Algal Blooms: Community Science Institute reporting page, here
- Please access our county's Vaccine website or contact the clerk's office for assistance with vaccinations/boosters
All Village meetings are open to the public and are held on Wednesdays at the Aurora Firehouse Meeting Room, 456 Main St., unless otherwise noted. Many meetings are held via Zoom, with the link in the agenda. To view upcoming agendas and minutes from previous meetings, go to the Boards page.
- Community Preservation Panel (CPP) - 1st Wednesday
- Planning Board (PB) -2nd Wednesday
- Board of Trustees (BOT) - 3rd Wednesday
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) 4th Wednesday, as needed
Please Note: Applications that require CPP, PB or ZBA review must be received in the office at least 10 days prior for code/zoning consideration.
- The Tuesday Mobile Market brings fresh produce, delicious breads, and great prepared meals, along with home goods and gifts, to Patrick Tavern. Want to get early word of what’s available?? Need some help ordering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (315)-246-1130. Check us out on April 11 from 4:30-5:30.
- For updates on Aurora Historical Society news and displays, call or text (315)-246-1130 and visit the Village of Aurora Historical Society’s Facebook page.
- The Aurora Free Library is open 4 days a week; it sponsors many events and offers a monthly village newsletter.
- Wells College Information, Events Calendar, and and alert about a phone scam here.
- Cayuga County WQMA 2023 Work Plan
- 2023 Spring Electronic Waste Recycling Flyer
- Lead Advertisement
- 8.1.22 - Fight the Bite
- County Veteran assistance here Information Flyer here
- Isolation and Quarantine Guidance January 6, 2022
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Fact vs Fiction, July 30, 2021
- Farm owners Purchase of Development Rights (PDRs) here
- Department of Health General Information here
- Dept. of Health coronavirus updates are here, or you may sign up for bulletins.
- Call the county hotline 315-253-1355 for assistance from any department.
- Harmful Algae Blooms - Know It, Avoid It, Report It
- Reverse 911 information
- Septic System Upgrade Grant program press release
- More county planning and water info is here
- Erie Canal Water Trail www.eriecanalway.org/watertrail.
2023 Watercraft Inspection Steward Position Posting
The Public Service Commission is scheduling forums for discussion on complaints against NYSEG for improper billing and inaccurate meter reads.
NYSEG billing and meter reading complaints forums
NYSEG sent notification that they are implementing a rate increase due to needed infrastructure upgrades. See the announcements below.
Public Service Commission letter
- NYSEG Assistance
- Water Sewer Service Payment Assistance
- NYS Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (updated regularly)
- Water Bill Assistance Flyer
- Resources for Mental Health, Veterans, Small Businesses, etc.
- Guidance from the CDC and WHO