Welcome to Aurora, NY
Village of Aurora - 456 Main St Aurora, NY 13026
Office: 315-364-7293 ~ DPW: 315-364-5239 ~ CEO 315-729-3921
Please see the following press release, from the Cayuga County Department of Health, for information on qualifications and local registration procedures for the vaccine. Call or email the Village Clerk's Office (contact info above) if you qualify for the list.
- The March 3, 2021 Community Preservation Panel meeting is canceled.
- Request for addition to Agricultural Districts HERE
- Phone scam involving Wells College. Information HERE
- Winter Newsletter 2021
Governor's DirectivesReopening New York information HERE
More Pandemic Info
- Info on Utility assistance during the pandemic
- NYS Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (updated regularly)
- Resources on Mental Health, Veterans, Small Businesses, etc.
- Home help with pandemic coping from The Citizen
- Advice from the CDC and WHO
- Guide to Facemasks
CAYUGA CO. INFO
Please contact their hotline 315-253-1355 if you need assistance from any County department, or access the county web site for department contact information.
- Dept. of Health coronavirus updates are here, or you may sign up for bulletins
- County Health Dept notice: "Governor Cuomo established...[a] Task Force to assist local authorities with enforcement of Executive Orders and restrictions on business operations and activities, as well as gatherings, during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Individuals can file complaints regarding the operation of businesses or gatherings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-833-789-0470."
- February 9: current requirements for testing and quarantine of travelers entering (or returning to) New York State.
- Guidance for vaccine distribution and eligibility
Cayuga County Dept. of Health Information on Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs); please contact the Cayuga County Health Department if you see a suspected Harmful Algal Bloom!
More non-Covid-19 county planning and water info is here.
Update 03/01/21: Anyone wishing to meet with the clerk/treasurer must make an appointment. Contact the Clerk and Deputy Clerk, as needed, via phone (315) 364-7293 or email. You may contact Code Enforcement Officer, Dan Green, directly at (315) 277-1477 to set up an appointment. Everyone entering the village office must wear a mask and sign a waiver declaring that they are not exhibiting symptoms or been exposed to someone who has tested positive. Please take care! ~ Ann & Debbie
All Village meetings are open to the public, and are held on Wednesdays at the Aurora Firehouse Meeting Room, 456 Main St., unless otherwise noted, The total number of people allowed in the village meeting room at one time during the pandemic is limited to 10. Most meetings are held via Zoom for the duration of the pandemic. To view minutes from previous meetings, go to the Boards page.
- 1st Wednesday - Community Preservation Panel (CPP)
- 2nd Wednesday - Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA), as needed
- 3rd Wednesday - Board of Trustees
- 4th Wednesday - Planning Board (PB)
Applications that require CPP, PB or ZBA review must be received in the office at least 10 days prior for code/zoning consideration.
Go the the Boards page for meeting information and agendas.PLUS:
- Helming/Finch Letter to the Citizen Helpful support from our elected representatives for a new water plant
- 2020/2021 Adopted Budgets (as of April 15, 2020): General Fund ~ ~ Water Fund ~ ~ Sewer Fund
- Water Presentation 3/3/30 -AuroraWater.PublicInfoMtg.FINAL.3.3.20
- Hydrilla News