Welcome to Aurora, NY
Village of Aurora - 456 Main St Aurora, NY 13026
Office: 315-364-7293 ~ DPW: 315-364-5239 ~ CEO 315-364-7293
Information on NYSEG rate increases is below under NY State Info.
Beginning in July, the Planning Board meetings will be held on the SECOND Wednesday of the month and the ZBA will move to the FOURTH Wednesday, as needed. We hope this will help streamline the application process by having the Planning Board meet the week following the CPP, instead of three weeks later.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGS - Community Preservation Panel meeting on July 6, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in the firehouse meeting room. Agenda here
New email address for Mayor Orman: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 364-6857
COVID TEST KITS ARE AVIALBLE IN THE VILLAGE OFFICE. CALL (315) 364-7293 OR EMAIL email@example.com
Treatment 1 on June 29 beginning at 8:00 a.m. Map of water sampling hereEVENTS
Blessing of the Boats on Friday, July 1, at 6:00 p.m. behind United Ministry. Blessing of the Boats
Reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 4 at 11:00 a.m. on the porch of the Fargo
Adopted 2022/2023 Budgets
Final Comprehensive Plan HERE (Adopted December 15, 2021)
And more -
- 2021 Annual Water Quality Report (completed May 31, 2022) here and 1st quarter violation notice (received from Cayuga County Health Department on May 23, 2022) here
- Masks are recommended when visiting the village office.
- Anyone wishing to meet with the clerk/treasurer/code enforcement must make an appointment. Contact the Clerk, Treasurer, or CEO via email or phone (315) 364-7293. Please take care! ~ Ann & Debbie.
- Harmful Algal Blooms: Community Science Institute reporting page, here
- Do you have questions about your small business or are you looking to start a business? Cayuga Economic Development Agency (CEDA) offers free and confidential assistance. Please join Meg Goloub, CEDA's Small Business Development Specialist, at Patrick Tavern in Aurora for one of her remote office sessions. Get help with pre-planning, start-up, and restructuring. A meeting with Meg is also an effective way to get connected with resource partners for outreach and funding. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 252-3500 x 232 for more details and scheduling.
- Please access our county's Vaccine website or contact the clerk's office for assistance with vaccinations/boosters
- Water Presentation -AuroraWater.PublicInfoMtg.FINAL.3.3.20
All Village meetings are open to the public, and are held on Wednesdays at the Aurora Firehouse Meeting Room, 456 Main St., unless otherwise noted. Many meetings are held via Zoom, with the link in the agenda. To view upcoming agendas and minutes from previous meetings, go to the Boards page.
Please note that beginning in July, the Planning Board meeting is moving to the second Wednesday and the ZBA is moving to the fourth Wednesday.
- Community Preservation Panel (CPP) - 1st Wednesday
- Planning Board (PB) -2nd Wednesday **Beginning July 13**
- Board of Trustees - 3rd Wednesday
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) 4th Wednesday, as needed **Beginning July 27**
Please Note: Applications that require CPP, PB or ZBA review must be received in the office at least 10 days prior for code/zoning consideration.
- The Tuesday Mobile Market brings fresh produce, delicious breads, and great prepared meals, along with home goods and gifts, to Patrick Tavern. The next Tuesday market will be June 21, 4:30-5:30 p.m., at Patrick Tavern. Want to get early word of what’s available?? Need some help ordering? Email email@example.com or call/text (315)-246-1130.
- Our Weekend Farmers' Market offers local produce, specialty foods and area crafts from multiple vendors. It is held every Saturday 10am - 2pm, late spring through early fall. Look for the festive tents along the lake near the Wells College Boat House. For a weekly list of offerings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For updates on Aurora Historical Society news and displays, call or text (315)-246-1130 and visit the Village of Aurora Historical Society’s Facebook page.
- The Aurora Free Library is open 4 days a week; it sponsors many events and offers a monthly village newsletter.
- Wells College Information, Events Calendar, and and alert about a phone scam here.
- County Veteran assistance here Information Flyer here
- Isolation and Quarantine Guidance January 6, 2022
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Fact vs Fiction, July 30, 2021
- Farm owners Purchase of Development Rights (PDRs) here
- Department of Health General Information here
- Dept. of Health coronavirus updates are here, or you may sign up for bulletins.
- Call the county hotline 315-253-1355 for assistance from any department.
- Harmful Algae Blooms - Know It, Avoid It, Report It
- Reverse 911 information
- Septic System Upgrade Grant program press release
- More county planning and water info is here
- Erie Canal Water Trail www.eriecanalway.org/watertrail.
NYSEG sent notification that they are implementing a rate increase due to needed infrastructure upgrades. See the announcements below.
- Summer preparedness flyer 2022
- Utility arrears forgiveness
- Water Sewer Service Payment Assistance
- Public Service Commission Broadband Assessment
- DEC Buffer in a Bag Program Help protect your lake shore property
- NYS Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (updated regularly)
- Water Bill Assistance Flyer
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Resources for Mental Health, Veterans, Small Businesses, etc.
- Guidance from the CDC and WHO