Welcome to Aurora, NY
Village of Aurora - 456 Main St Aurora, NY 13026
Office: 315-364-7293 ~ DPW: 315-364-5239 ~ CEO 315-364-7293Harmful Algal Blooms tend to increase in September and are often the most toxic. Please continue to use caution when accessing the lake and check the Community Science Institute reporting page for updates, here
To view the current Village Master Plan, navigate to the Local Laws page.
MEETING - The September 22, 2021 Planning Board meeting is canceled.
Resolution adopting Local Law #3 of 2021 here (subject to permissive referendum)
And more -
- August 3 Update: All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask when entering the village office. Anyone wishing to meet with the clerk/treasurer/code enforcement must make an appointment. Contact the Clerk, Treasurer, or CEO via email or phone (315) 364-7293. Please take care! ~ Ann & Debbie.
- Hydrilla Treatment Update: the final fluridone treatment will occur September 8th at 9:00 a.m. This treatment will only occur in the northern-most treatment area, the additional area added to the project several weeks back, as indicated on the attached figure here. Information on the additional village treatment site may be found here
- Do you have questions about your small business or are you looking to start a business? Cayuga Economic Development Agency (CEDA) offers free and confidential assistance. Please join Meg Goloub, CEDA's Small Business Development Specialist, at Patrick Tavern in Aurora for one of her remote office sessions. Get help with pre-planning, start-up, and restructuring. A meeting with Meg is also an effective way to get connected with resource partners for outreach and funding. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 252-3500 x 232 for more details and scheduling.
- Everyone 12 and over is eligible for the Covid-19 vaccination, and may register at our county's Vaccine website or contact the clerk's office for assistance.
- The Village Park and Memorial Playground are open for your enjoyment. Please follow CDC recommended guidelines for mask wearing and social distancing.
- 2021/2022 Adopted Budgets : General Fund --- Water Fund --- Sewer Fund
- Water Presentation -AuroraWater.PublicInfoMtg.FINAL.3.3.20
All Village meetings are open to the public, and are held on Wednesdays at the Aurora Firehouse Meeting Room, 456 Main St., unless otherwise noted. Many meetings are held via Zoom, with the link in the agenda. To view upcoming agendas and minutes from previous meetings, go to the Boards page.
- Community Preservation Panel (CPP) - 1st Wednesday
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) -2nd Wednesday, as needed
- Board of Trustees - 3rd Wednesday
- Planning Board (PB) - 4th Wednesday
Please Note: Applications that require CPP, PB or ZBA review must be received in the office at least 10 days prior for code/zoning consideration.
- NEW mask recommendation due to substantial transmission, August 3, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Fact vs Fiction, July 30, 2021
- Info on Mosquito Control: Fight the Bite 2021-1
- Department of Health General Information here
- Dept. of Health coronavirus updates are here, or you may sign up for bulletins.
- Call the county hotline 315-253-1355 for assistance from any department.
- Harmful Algae Blooms - Know It, Avoid It, Report It
- Request for Hydrilla spotter volunteers HERE
- Reverse 911 information
- Septic System Upgrade Grant program press release
- Trash & Recycling resident survey info here and resident survey here
- More county planning and water info is here
- NYS Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (updated regularly)
- Utility assistance during the pandemic
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Resources for Mental Health, Veterans, Small Businesses, etc.
- Home help with pandemic coping from The Citizen
- Guidance from the CDC and WHO
- Guide to Facemasks
- The Tuesday Mobile Market brings fresh produce, delicious breads, and great prepared meals, along with home goods and gifts, to Patrick Tavern every week, 4:00-5:00 pm. Want to get early word of what’s available?? Need some help ordering? Email email@example.com or call/text (315)-246-1130.
- Our Weekend Farmers' Market offers local produce, specialty foods and area crafts from multiple vendors. It is held every Saturday 10am - 2pm, late spring through early fall. Look for the festive tents along the lake near the Wells College Boat House. For a weekly list of offerings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For updates on Aurora Historical Society news and displays, call or text (315)-246-1130 and visit the Village of Aurora Historical Society’s Facebook page.
- The Aurora Free Library is open 4 days a week; it sponsors many events and offers a monthly village newsletter.
- Wells College Information, Events Calendar, and and alert about a phone scam here.